10/27/2007

This Year's Pumpkins!

This year's pumpkins turned out rather well, I'd say. A lot of innovation. Working from the top to bottom:

TheBoy's pumpkin (OK, I carved it, but he thoroughly enjoyed playing in the pumpkin guts. Yet another difference between boys and girls. As a toddler, TheGirl cried when I touched her hand to pumpkin guts).

Next, TheGirl's pumpkin. A sad clown with a tear running down his cheek. I can almost sense the black velvet.

Below that, TheWife's mummy pumpkin. The photo doesn't do it justice. In low light, the glowing eyes show nicely through the swaddling gauze. Spooky!

And finally, TheFishmonger's own. Decided to use the stem as the nose of my pumpkin design this year. Not the most striking pumpkin of the batch, but I had lots of fun figuring out how to make it work.


All in all, a quite successful pumpkin year for all of us! Oh, there was more turnip carving, too! Check mine out:

No comments:

..................................

..................................