10/28/2007

Decorations in ABC of Cookies

I don't even recall where I picked up this little cookbook - 61 pages of cookie recipes, with a short rhyme and an illustration for each letter of the alphabet. Both the illustrations and the 'poems' are charmingly dated. I love the 'way to a man's heart is through his stomach' vibe on the poem at right. And now I wonder if our cookie press is sufficiently chic. I smile every time I flip through this book. I've posted the whole set to flickr as a set:ABC of Cookies Have a look!

PS: As I noted in the flickr set, these illustrations by Ruth McCrea are from the 1961 book "ABC of Cookies" from the Peter Pauper Press. I don't own the rights to these. If you do, and wish me to remove them, just let me know! I've listed these in flickr as copyrighted to head off inadvertent copying, but I do NOT own the copyright to these images. The book appears to be out of print. Thanks!

No comments:

..................................

..................................