5/01/2007

My god, do I want this...


There's a Scientific Batting Practice game up for auction on ebay right now! It's conveniently located in Woodstock, IL (no shipping costs). But it's over $500, and the reserve still hasn't been met. There's just no way I could end up with this game. Heck, if I begged advances on my birthday and Christmas for this year and next, I'd still probably be below reserve!

But I can dream, can't I? This is just an excellent game. It's got a great "contraption factor", and it's so weirdly layed out, and it's just plain fun to play! If I won the lottery, this is one of the first things I'd buy. If you want to try buying it for me (or for yourself - just promise I can play it sometimes), click the title for the link to the auction, and go nuts. Happy biddin!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sadly, I passed up a nice Scientific Batting Practice at an auction 2 years ago in Wellington, OH. I dropped out against the only other bidder at about $700. I still kick myself. Money wasn't an issue. I spent $4-5000 that day including a Tri-Zone pinball and a Trucker driving game but no SBP. What was I thinking?

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention I also left the Nelson Ledges auction without buying anything as it was so crowded with spectators I couldn't get my bids in. The SBP looked rather sad to me but I wasn't aware at the time that reproductions of the rear plastic were available. I've never done a full ground up disassembly and rebuild. Please post pictures of your finished game so I can kick myself some more. Good luck with it.

..................................

..................................