11/29/2009

My latest purchase

The pic below is of a piece of original comic art I recently ordered. I have to say, I think it kicks ass! It's the page inked by Scott Wegner from the Atomic Robo comic. Color and speech balloons were added later. The robot is Atomic Robo, an nigh invulnerable AI robot designed by Nikola Tesla in the 20's. The guy is Carl Sagan. He's holding a lightning gun, also designed by Tesla. The monster was once H.P. Lovecraft, but he's been taked over by what might be called an eldritch horror, and is now referred to as "The Lovecraftian Horror". Can you see why I love this comic? And now I have a piece of it of my very own. It's sandwiched between glass in my bedroom, where Sagan and Robo can use Tesladyne technologies to defend me while I sleep. Have I mentioned that I have a very understanding wife?

No comments:

..................................

..................................