1/01/2008

In love with Juno

What follows is utterly inept. I love this movie too much to even talk about it. If you'd like to read a coherent review, I recommend this one here. If you don't care for coherence, read on...


TheWife and I saw Juno last night (as part of our kid's free New Year's Eve - also featuring some damn fine mexican food from Cempazuchi, and several episodes of Pants Off Dance Off), and it totally kicks ass! Seriously, go see this movie. Then go see it again. I just loved every character, and nearly every scene in this movie. Michael Cera as Bleeker, J.K. Simmons as the dad, Allison Janney as the step-mom, Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner as the adopting couple and, most of all, Ellen Page as Juno (what a cutie!). This movie is perfect. So many bits to love: the stepmom's vicious defense of her pregnant step daughter, the parents reaction to Juno's revelation of her pregnancy ("Did you see that coming?" "Yeah.. I was hoping she was expelled, or into hard drugs") and the name of the father ("Bleeker!? I didn't think he had it in him..." ; and "Next time I see that Bleeker kid, I'm gonna punch him in the weiner"), Juno's decisions about the pregnancy and her relationships - all of it. If you think about it hard, none of it is realistic, but since it's all about 80% more real than other comedies that have covered this turf, you walk out feeling like - yes, this is how things would go in the best of all real worlds. And the memorable lines! This movie will be fueling conversational drop-in quotes for years. I wonder when the DVD will be out. I've gotta own this movie.

J: 'Cause you're, like, the coolest person I've ever met, and you don't even have to try, you know...
P: I try really hard, actually.

1 comment:

RiyaFashion said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

..................................

..................................