11/19/2007

DESPAIR!!!

I'm officially giving up on Augie March. I just can't make any freaking progress on the damn thing. I'll blame 30% of this on my overloaded schedule. Another 45% can be attributed to the fact that, even after over a hundred and twenty pages, NOTHING HAS HAPPENNED YET! We are introduced to people; we learn what makes them tick. We are introduced to other people. We learn what makes THEM tick. A few casual references to someone committing arson, but mentioned in an oblique way. A burglary, that completely lacks any fun, and seems to do nothing to progress the plot. Except there ISN'T ANY PLOT! Because nothing happens! I'll try again in a couple years. Took me more than that to finally make it through The Fountainhead. Won't be the first time.

No comments:

..................................

..................................