11/01/2007

The Adventures begin!

As I mentioned earlier, I'll be blogging my reading of Saul Bellow's The Adventures of Augie March as part of NaNoReMo. It's 584 pages of "Great Books" goodness. I'm only a few pages in, and I've already 1) found a reference to Racine, WI, and 2) learned an important truth. The truth? When TheBoy is in a good mood, he's even noisier than when he's in a bad mood. Never really noticed before, but reading dense text is nearly impossible when he's playing with his musical toys! Wish me luck!

Update:
This book is going to take a while to read. The words he uses! jesuitical? animadversion? It's like reading in a foreign language. And the sentence structure so complicated in places that even after three reads, I'm not really sure what exactly is meant. Yes, if I manage to finish this, I'll feel a sense of accomplishment. If I understand it, even more so!

No comments:

..................................

..................................