1/29/2007

The Girl's New Class

The Girl started a new class last week, and I love it! It's a drama class that's offered through First Stage. This installment is something about asian myths. She's gone to two so far, and is definitely digging the class. She got to be one of the Tigers as they worked on the story about how the tiger got it's stripes. The Girl informs me, based on a related unit at school that it is a 'Just So' story. Huh. I thought those were fables. Go figure.

But from my point of view, the class and her enjoyment of it are only a small part of the fun. Why? Because, the class meets int he Milwaukee Education Center's building on the border of the Schiltz Park and Haymarket Square neighborhoods. Which means it's just across the river from the Brady Street area! So, while she learns more about drama (and she's already filled with drama, if you ask me), I get to hang out in my post-college neighborhood again! An hour at Rochambo here, an hour shooting Photos in Schlitz Park there, maybe throw in lunches with The Girl at my favorite little hole-in-the-wall restaurants (Abu's, for instance!), and you've got yourself a happy Fishmonger!

No comments:

..................................

..................................