12/01/2006

Snow Day!

No school for the kid today! In fact, we've all decided to stay home. The whole area is under a Blizzard Watch. We've got 3 or 4 inches on the ground with totals to exceed 10 inches today! And winds are gusting up to 35 miles per hour. A-a-a-nd it's supposed to be worse to the south (which is the direction I'd have to go to get to work) Sheesh! HAve a look at the video I shot after I (pointlessly) shovelled the driveway:


(PS: That's not fog, it's snow, blowing in sheets across the landscape. OK, it's boring, but I like uploading stuff to YouTube - makes me feel connected.)

Truth be told, I'm feeling a little guilty about not going to work today. There's a load of stuf fI need to get done, and now it'll sit until Monday. But Kenosha county (the one I travel through on the way to work) is reporting that they already have over 30 accidents, most of them on the interstate. I guess it's good I'm staying home. Besides, now I can get the tree up!

Anybody else staying home today? Or more to the point, did anybody from the area actually go to work? Leave a message in the comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SLACKER! I came to work today! ;)
There's not many of us, though and the roads are atrocious! Wish me luck getting back to Racilla! Enjoy the Snow Day!

Anonymous said...

Mom is home and Dad is at work.. 1hour and 30 min from the house....

Viola Zuppa said...

You are a slacker! Although, three levels up your supervisory chain are not here either. I made it in AND decided to park illegally (shhh!). The trees in the Park are all pretty n' stuff.

..................................

..................................