12/23/2006

Gingerbread house time!

The Girl and I finished the gingerbread house today. (Nothing like squeezing stuff in last minute, hmm?) We make one every year using the Pampered Chef gingerbread house mold. Push the dough into the mold, bake it, and glue it together with frosting. Easy as pie.

This year, I baked and assembled the house, and made the frosting. The girl decorated the house herself. Now that she's up to the task of solo decorating, I'm going to start putting a little more time into the house, itself. Perhaps I'll even construct a replica of our wee abode. Tune in next Christmas to see if I actually manage to pull that one off. But don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last minute? Yeah, kinda like we're decorating our cut-out cookies today. Right after I run to the store to pick up more confectioner's sugar for the icing.

'vxjmce' - the annoyance one feels after leaving Christmas cookie decorating to the last minute and having to make a confectioner's sugar run.

..................................

..................................