11/06/2006

Neil Patrick Cole

We all know who Neil Patrick Harris is, right? Ages ago, he played Doogie Howser, MD. Now, he’s filling the sleazy friend role in How I Met Your Mother on … I don’t know, one of the broadcast networks. It’s a decent show, an enjoyable view. But that isn’t what I’m writing about.

Apparently, there’s some guy who contacts gay celebrities and “outs” them. Well, he contacted NPH, and asked him to come clean. Yep, NPH is gay. But that isn’t what I’m writing about.

NPH was in Canada when the question came out (hee), and his people decided to deny the allegation, saying that he wasn’t “of that persuasion”. When NPH found out, he issued his own release saying that he was in fact gay, and was happy and comfortable with that. Then his people issued a release saying that they’d been misunderstood, and that by “of that persuasion”, they’d meant Canadian.

I’m sorry, but am I the only one thinking of Scott Thompson’s character, Buddy Cole, from Kids in The Hall? Check out these lines from one episode:

"No one wants to know I'm gay. And even less people want to know that I'm Canadian. On my resume, my agent replaced the word gay with blond , and Canadian with outdoorsy . So I replaced outdoorsy with blousy . Which makes me a blousy blond.”
So is this life imitating art, or is somebody making a joke?

UPDATE: It' turns out that it is somebody making a joke, namely it's The Defamer. Apparently, my news source doesn't read it's news sources carefully. IT'll be interesting to see how far this joke goes. Will it end up on the wire services?

UPDATE? Or is it real? Reality is so fluid these days. Who knows what is real?

No comments:

..................................

..................................