10/01/2006

Milwaukee Public Library


This afternoon, we saw the first show in our season ticket package at the Milwaukee Rep. It was King Lear, by some guy named Shakespeare. It was pretty good. Stopped off beforehand at the Milwaukee Public Library. I had half an hour to kill before the library opened, so I wandered aroudn the three levels of the atrium and took some pics of the decorations. I liked this shot from the top level especially. The sun was flooding into the dimly lit area, creating an almost morroccan atmosphere in the photo. There are a few more shots of architectural details if you go to my flickr account. Mostly eagle ornaments.

Anyway, after wandering up and down the stairs for 20 minutes, I returned to the lower level, where a security guard informed me that I wasn't allowed up there. I inquired as to the location of the sign stating this, and was told there wasn't one. Um... I can't walk up into the atrium of the public library? But you haven't bothered to post a sign stating this hard and fast rule? Right. Whatever.

No comments:

..................................

..................................