6/25/2006

A Secret Baby Shower!


At last the secret can be revealed! The Girl (with the aid of MIL, but mostly SIL), has thrown a surprise baby shower for The Wife. I guess she approached SIL about it a couple of months back, and after some discussions, it was decided that 7 3/4 years was a long enough gap to warrant a small baby shower. I had virtually nothing to do with it, so I'm still not really sure what went on. I know that TK and SIL stamped invites, which included a photocopy of TG's hand written invitation. I know that pots of orange gerbera daisies were the centerpiece and gift. I know the luncheon was held at Serb Hall, and I know that there were around 20 or 30 guests. What? Yes, that's small in Serbian terms. I think the original full-scale shower (when TG was born) was over 100 people, so this was around a quarter of that - close family and friends only. But everyone was very generous - lots of clothes and little toys and blankets... oh the blankets! The best one was the one TG bought ( I'm not sure how all this got paid for, my inquiries to date have been fruitless). It's satin on one side, and furry circles on the other. She also bought some little boy bibs and an outfit with race cars (palindrome!). I'm pretty impressed they pulled it off! TG has been so cute about the whole thing, worrying about details, and the practicality of plans. It warms the cockles of my heart, I tell ya.

No comments:

..................................

..................................