5/29/2006

Genealogy: Tichey

I just got an emai lfrom a distant cousin of my wife, who is also working on the Family History. He's just posted an update to the family tree on WorldConnect. And now, we have birth towns for John Tichy and his wife Anna. Plus, we have the true maiden name of Anna, which seems to have been Koettinger (or Kottinger, with an umlaut over the 'o'). Excellent! The new info leaves little doubt that the family was Bohmisch, or German-Bohemian. They were from the Sudetenland! Now, I just have to do a bit of research, so that I can find out what it all means!

UPDATE: Oh yeah, almost forgot the most important part. This family is on my mother-in law's side of JuDee's family. She's a mutt, like me. JuDee's dad was first generation serbian immigrant. So guess what the name of the town is that my mom-in-law's ancestor is from? Sirb! So, she's now part Sirbian, and my father-in-law was all Serbian. I know, I'm stupid, but this stuff amuses the hell outta me! :)

No comments:

..................................

..................................