3/25/2006

Spin-off -a-rama

I came across a mention a moment ago that Happy Days was a spin-off of Love, American Style. Am I shitting you? I am not. I never knew that. That makes Laverne & Shirley, Joanie Loves Chachi, and Mork & Mindy like the grandchildren of Love, American Style. Weird. Ok, not so weird, but I'm surprised. I mean, when I was four, Friday nights Dad worked late. Mom and I ate frozen pizza, and she watched Love American Style while I played with my blocks on the giant plastic map. I remember bits of LAS, but I'd never have guessed that Happy Days spun off from it! Then again, kids who were 4 when Happy Days was wrapping up (introducing aliens and shark jumps) might be surprised that Mork & Mindy was a spin-off of it. I think my shock and awe over this is less actual amazement, and more a sign that my recently cold-ravaged body needs more sleep. My body demands, and I comply. Good night.

No comments:

..................................

..................................