3/25/2006

Bollywood for the Skeptical


I remember Boingboing talking about this site over a year ago, but for some reason the tunes didn't do it for me then. Then, the site popped up on my page-a-day calendar and I suddenly can't get enough of it. Basically, the owner of the page has written an webpage about the music created in the Mumbai/Bombay movie industry. It's an interesting read (and it's where I got the picture of the absolutely gorgeous Aishwarya Ray which you can see at right). Best of all, though, is the string of 19 downloadable tracks pulled from a variety of Bollywood movies. Today, I find it compelling. Another day, it might be maddening. Here's how the site owner introduces the site:
Be like Madvillain, Dan the Automator, Avalanches and Kate Winslet's character in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind! Get more like that sweet tune from the beginning of Ghost World! Listen to this mix! It will make you twice as cool as you are now

No comments:

..................................

..................................