2/25/2006

Mission Impossible 3

So I was looking around iFilm today, and I came across a preview of the new Mission impossible movie (Starting Mr. Tom "I'm a superhuman and I know more than than the entire medical profession because I'm a scientologist" Cruz). I thought to myself, "Damn, someone should start a site to coordinate a boycott of that dick's films, starting with this one". Two seconds later, google showed me this: Boycott Mission Impossible 3 and Tom Cruise- Money goes to the Church of Scientology . Have I mentioned that I love the internet? As I have previously vowed on many occassions, I will be forever boycotting all movies produced by this fanatical freak. This web site just gives me another handy place to document it! Quotes by Cruise:


"Psychiatry is a pseudoscience," he told host Matt Lauer, later saying: "You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do. There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance in a body," said Cruise, who rescribed vitamins and exercise for depression. "The thing that I'm saying about Brooke is that there's misinformation, okay? And she doesn't understand the history of psychiatry. She -- she doesn't understand, in the same way that you don't understand it, Matt."
-Cruise to Matt Lauer on the Today Show


Some people, well, if they don't like Scientology, well, then, fuck you." He rises from the table. "Really." He points an angry finger at the imaginary enemy. "Fuck you." His face reddens. "Period."

-Rolling
Stone Magazine


No... fuck you, Tom. I'm a chemist. I don't need the public to like me to keep getting a paycheck. You're an action star; you do. You've become a proselytizing jerk who insults women with post-partum depression, and tries to push your cult on everyone who works on one of your movies. Enough. I hereby declare my support of your career coming to an end. If enough others do the same, you'll end up being the guy who refills the soap at the carwash. This is my fondest wish for you.

PS: If you're interested in learning about Scientology and it's belief in an evil alien overlord as the ultimate source of psychiatric woes, then try visiting Wikipedia (especially here) , Xenu, or Scientomogy. I especially recommend this little animated video (caution, Not Safe For Work) that gives a (believe it or not) accurate overview of their wacked out beliefs. Click the pic at right for my favorite L. Ron Hubbard quote-->



No comments:

..................................

..................................