9/02/2016

Snake stories have no end.

Today a colleague who is originally from Jordan used a phrase I'd never heard before - "snake stories have no end". My first thought was ouroboros, the snake eating its own tail, which might appear to have no end. But that wasn't what he was referring to. Apparently, the phrase has two meanings. First, there's the more literal meaning. Everyone has a snake story, so if you start telling snake stories, it'll go on all night. There's no end. Then, there's the more figurative way he used it. The members of our group found ourselves telling similar stories from our respective pasts, and he used the phrase as a way to say- we've all got these stories, this could go on all night. I searched it on google and got one (yes one) pertinent hit. But that hit mentioned it as a common phrase. So, I'm putting this here so that the next person who searches it gets two hits. Could that be considered a public service? I think so.

PS: I'd like to state for the record that I'm glad to live in a place where everyone has a snowstorm story rather than a snake story. I am not a huge fan of snakes.

2 comments:

wallachjadin said...

nano titanium ionic straightening iron, aluminum. - TITON BIKE
nano titanium everquest titanium ionic columbia titanium jacket straightening iron. - 3,907 mz · $25.49 · Description · Manufacturer. - NINIC NINIC WEIGHT - titanium flat irons NINIC NINIC WEIGHT. Manufacturer. - NINIC 4x8 sheet metal prices near me NINIC WEIGHT. $25.49. Availability. in stock.$25.49 · iron titanium token ‎In stock

feaughou said...

c261m0ycruy195 adult sex toys,horse dildo,anal dildo,sex chair,vibrating dildos,cheap sex toys,women sexy toys,sex toys,vibrators f177s4axatq186

..................................

..................................