3/17/2009

Here, bison bison bison...


Maybe it's just my mood today, but I just think its hilarious that the scientific name for what most of us Americans call the buffalo is "bison bison bison". OK, technically, that's the plains buffalo subspecies. But this is the version that I think of when I think of buffalo... vast herds thundering across the plains... toward a little old lady with a can-opener and a tin of bison food, quietly muttering "here, bison bison bison...". Well, that's what I'll think of now, anyway.

I find this even more amusing than the day I learned that the scientific name for mountain gorillas was "gorilla gorilla". Heheh... I guess it's not just today. Must be some sort of brain damage or something.

No comments:

..................................

..................................