1/25/2009

Curry Ketchup!

This past Thursday, I was walking down the imported foods aisle at Woodman's grocery store, and there on the shelf was a bottle of german Curry Ketchup. I'd found a reference to this stuff a couple of years ago, and I've been wondering about it ever since. Would it be a tasty twist on regular ketchup? Or, would it be the condiment version of David Hasselhoff? Now I know. Or at least I know about the Burkhardt brand. The verdict? Not bad! There's a distinct curry powder flavor, but it isn't overpowering, and the ketchup flavor still shines through. So that's one quesion answered, and a new addition to my condiment zoo. I still wonder, though... why is curry ketchup german? British, I could understand, given the sheer number of curry shops there. But Germany?!? Not really a place I identify with Indian food. Go figure. Next target? Spaghetti ice cream!

No comments:

..................................

..................................