2/07/2008

That's a Mother-*$#&@-ing Lot of Snow!

Wow, what a storm! The official tally for my area was 12.5 inches. That seems about right, maybe an inch or two more, since we're in the lake-effect zone. Hard to judge a snowfall when you've got so much drifting. We had a 2 1/2 foot drift in one part of our driveway, and bare pavement in another part. The best news of the day is that our local snowplow driver helped me out while I was shovelling this AM (NOTE: TheWife was out helping shovel today, and shovelled my side of the driveway before I got home yesterday afternoon. She just happened to be inside feeding TheBoy when the plow came. Without her help, add another half-hour to shovelling time, at least). Plow guy backed up and pushed the ridge of heavy-packed snowplow leavings off the edge of my driveway and into the ditch. Probably saved me another 45 minutes of shovelling. Thanks Mr. Plow! You made my day!



TMJ4 has a listing of the official snow totals here. Looks like the parents got hit with 16"! Damn. That's a lot of snow.

6 comments:

Shell said...

Not to rub it in or anything but it was 74 down in the southern end of Illinois on Tuesday and probably in the upper 40s yesterday. :)

Anonymous said...

Uhhhhhhuhuhu.....Shut up Beavis, I can't decide what to comment on first. Your parents getting 16 inches or you having 12. Seriously though, lose the van and get a SUV. You eco friendly people even have a couple of choices. I think Toyota and Ford each have a hybid SUV. At least you can drive safely in bad weather. :-)

TheFishmonger said...

Um yeah.. maybe I could have phrased that better, huh?

But you misjudge me on the vehicle front. I'm not eco-friendly, I'm broke, and I'm cheap. So, we bought my brother's mini-van. If he hadn't had one to sell, I'd be driving a Metro.

Anonymous said...

I hear you. My car's a 93. I can't see(or afford) spending the kind of money a new car commands.

Shevy said...

I just posted pics of our snow hill that we have thanks to Mr. Plow guy. We're supposed to get more today!

Anonymous said...

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9729/oakcreekwx0.gif

..................................

..................................