10/16/2007

A transcript...

Fishmonger... I was out yesterday because we had [TheBoy] in the emergency room over night
ViolaZuppa/LA... OH NO
ViolaZuppa/LA... what happened?

Fishmonger... no sleep at all yesterday.
Fishmonger... Welll...
Fishmonger... we were at my parents sunday night, and [TheBoy] was a little sluggish
Fishmonger... just wanted sto sit on peoples laps
Fishmonger... then toward the end of the night, he started losing his voice, getting a little raspy, which was weird because he hadn't been coughing or anything
Fishmonger... we put him to bed about 800, then we went to bed about 1030
Fishmonger... suddenly, about 1115, I heard this weird sound come out of his room
Fishmonger... I thought he was throwing up, but it turned out to be coughing, a real nasty barking cough - croup
Fishmonger... no problem, I thought, he's had this before
Fishmonger... so, I took him into the bathroom and cranked up the shower to get lots of steam
Fishmonger... it helped tons last time, but this time - no love
Fishmonger... so I gave him a shot of his albuterol inhaler from last time (they told us to keep it an use it as needed)
Fishmonger... well, the litte mask thing on it freaked him out, and he started to scream and turn blue
ViolaZuppa/LA... scary
Fishmonger... so, I stopped, and took him into our bedroom to calm him down, but he's doing that barking cough and gasping for breath
Fishmonger... I noticed his chest moving weird, so I unzipped his pjs, and his chest was caving in each time he took a breath
Fishmonger... the blue was gone, but this was obviously not good.
Fishmonger... [TheWife] and I couldn't agree who would stay home with [TheGirl], so we loaded everyone up in the car and headed to emergency
Fishmonger... then, x-rays and air with high moisture levels and some oral steroids, and he started to feel better
Fishmonger... as long as he didn't cry, no barking cough
Fishmonger... of course, x-rays make him cry
Fishmonger... and the air mask made him cry
Fishmonger... and the O2 monitor on his toe made him cry
ViolaZuppa/LA... it would make me cry too
Fishmonger... so it was a while before he was good to go
ViolaZuppa/LA... what was wrong?
Fishmonger... we finally got home after 2am,
Fishmonger... no pneumonia,
Fishmonger... no lung problems,
Fishmonger... just inflamation of the upper airway
Fishmonger... so... croup
Fishmonger... just really bad
ViolaZuppa/LA... poor little guy, and out of nowhere
Fishmonger... so we get him home and the steroids have had a little time to work, and he's feeling good and he's been up for 3 hours, and just wants to play
Fishmonger... so I can't calm him down enough to get him in the crib until almost 3 am
Fishmonger... he was playing his xylophone at 230 in the am
Fishmonger... :)
ViolaZuppa/LA... hehe
Fishmonger... [TheWife] and [TheGirl] slept right through it
Fishmonger... and then he woke up barking again about 4am
Fishmonger... so we brough him into our room and propped him up on pillow and shut off our alarm clocks
Fishmonger... [TheWife] and I stayed home to take care of him and trade off naps
ViolaZuppa/LA... makes sense
Fishmonger... [TheGirl] slept in a couple of hours, but made it to school
Fishmonger... the kid hates missing school
ViolaZuppa/LA... i was wondering where you were yesterday
Fishmonger... SO THEN.....
Fishmonger... I get in today and my phone is dead.
ViolaZuppa/LA... cell phone or work phone?
Fishmonger... work phone. they needed the number I'd been assigned because the guy who originally had it was coming back to [Head Monk] after being laid off.
ViolaZuppa/LA... oh I see what you mean
Fishmonger... I'd agreed to let him have it, but they wre supposed to give me a new number
Fishmonger... they say it'll happen some time today
ViolaZuppa/LA... and they didn't of course
Fishmonger... until then, I get to use the lobby phone
Fishmonger... sigh
ViolaZuppa/LA... fun a minute

No comments:

..................................

..................................