9/21/2007

Murine means what?!?

While writing the previous post, I was getting tired of typing 'mouse'. I thought I'd use a word that meant mouse-related. I was thinking of something in the line of ursine for bears and bovine for cows. What I found was 'Murine':


of or relating to a murid genus (Mus) or its subfamily (Murinae) which includes the common household rats and mice; also : of, relating to, or involving these rodents and especially the house mouse.
Now tell me. If you're starting a company to make eye drops, how do you give it that name? You'd have to be half-mad. I wrote to the company who now makes Murine eye drops, and they claim ignorance, passing the buck to the name's previous owner, Abbott Labs. I'll try checking with them, too, but I'll guess I don't learn anything. This will likely remain a strange, stomach turning mystery.

PS: so many posts today! I'm home with TheBoy, who has pink eye. He's also finishing up getting his third molar in two weeks, so he's kind of wiped out. Napping a lot. Good for me, good for the blog!

No comments:

..................................

..................................