2/13/2007

whad'ya know?

I was listening to Whad'ya know last weekend, and I heard about two minutes of David Rees. He's good on the radio. I jotted down this comment of his:
“I don’t know if my generation has made it clear to you, but we’re going to try
do everything you do, but in half the time, and one-tenth the talent...
That leaves us more time for myspace and World of Warcraft.”
Half the time, and a tenth the talent... there's a lot of truth in that. Except it's more like 1/100th the time and 1/10th the talent. Before, it was time-consuming and expensive to put your thoughts out there. You needed somebody to back you, a publishing house, or a rich uncle who believed that your every word was a thing of beauty. Now... even schmucks like me can get away with dumping out the ashbins of their mind for all the world to see. Is it better this way? Yeah, I think it is. Though, truth be told, I'm not really sure why.

No comments:

..................................

..................................