12/18/2006

Sweet Daddy Tiki's Mugshot Gallery


This site, one of the swankola family of web sites, has a really interesting gallery of mostly old tiki mugs. Of course, my fave from their collection is newer. It's pictured at right. I find that I'm hynotized by the eyes of this mug... It's just so... I must... do the bidding of the befezzed monkey mug... must obey...

Incidentally, I'm still working on inventing a cocktail. Last year's champagne cocktail attempts failed miserably. This year, I'm attempting a hot holiday cocktail. Proposed ingredients include:

Barenjager (high proof honey liquer)
ginger schnaaps, or ginger brandy
lemon juice
boiling water
and perhaps a splash of maraschino liqueur

I'll let you know if it turns out to be any good... or if its preparation inadvertently summons any fez-wearing tiki monkey gods. (Can I still claim it was inadvertent if I've mentioned it ahead of time? )

No comments:

..................................

..................................