The mastic remover being used in our building for asbestos abatement (yes, while we’re still in the building – sigh), reeks to holy hell. People are getting headaches, sore throats and the like. The MSDS lists it as a respiratory irritant (no shit) with a narcotic effect. Mice repeatedly exposed to the main component take longer to eliminate it after each exposure. The abatement crew is asked to fix this vaporous problem. They kindly offer to switch to an odorless soy-based mastic remover – Bean-e-doo (terrible name, no?). This stuff is great, and I highly recommend it (at least from an odor standpoint). Unfortunately, a large quantity of stinky toxic-arific mastic remover has already soaked into the concrete and is still oozing toxic fumes into our air supply.
AirWicks and a fan.
Because, after all, if you can't smell it, it ain't there.