8/29/2006

NaNoWriMo

After reading my last post, an anonymous commenter* has asked if I'm gearing up for NaNoWriMo**. First, let me say that the previous post was non-fiction. Second, let me say that with a basement bunker to finish, and a 19 day old in the house, I'm skipping nanowrimo this time around. I figure I'll have a hard enough time keeping from getting fired without adding writing a novel to my task list.

OTOH, I have started kicking around some ideas for fleshing out and expanding last year's NaNoWriMo - Warped Souls (not available for viewing by eyes that aren't mine). I've got some ideas for reworking the climactic chase (which never really worked), fleshing out a couple of characters, tweaking up the eeriness, and further justifying the title. Right now it's just notes and such.

Once we've grown our youngun up to the point where he a little more self-sufficient (for instance - able to hold up his head without assistance), I may tackle a rewrite. But I highly recommend the NaNoWriMo experience. Advice? A writing buddy is helpful - someone to keep you from quitting when you get 3000 words behind target. Also helpful - caffeinated beverages, and understanding family members.

* care to decloak?

** National Novel Writing Month. The challenge - write a 50,000 word novel in November. Notes and outlines allowed beforehand. No prose to page until midnight Nov 1. Check out the site here.

No comments:

..................................

..................................