8/02/2006

My Monet

Have I ever mentioned how much I love
my Monet? I could just stand there looking at it for hours, soaking up the interplay of light and shadow as the sunlight cuts through the smog to dance upon the river near Waterloo bridge. It's a dark painting, darker than any other of Monet's Waterlook bridge paintings that I've seen. And it's very impressionistic. But deeply beautiful. The picture at right can't do it justice. Go on down to the Milwaukee Art Museum to see it. Spectacular!

(BTW, don't be confused by the fact that the MAM says MY Monet was given to them by one 'Mrs. Albert T. Friedmann'. That's a typo, I think. It should read Mr. Almighty T. Fishmonger. The 'T.' is short for 'The' Sometimes museums get sloppy about that kind of stuff. No, really!)

(addendum: My Monet is included in this little overview of the MAM. Many of the most interesting pieces are there. Click on the thumbnail for a larger image).

No comments:

..................................

..................................