7/16/2006

The new Baby's Room


As regular readers know, a new baby will soon makes it's appearance in the Fishmonger's home. Well, after days and days of painting, the baby room walls are ready. In fact, the curtains are hung (but not tied back), the crib has been reassembled and the changing table has been lugged out of the basement (current theory - the changing table contains a magnetically controlled black hole with the mass of venus within it). Thought I'd take the opportunity to post some pics of the walls in progress. We started with the recently painted purple walls (and no, I don't care what you think of purple walls for boys' rooms. Get over it.) and added a white stripe and big versions of the animals which appear on the curtains and quilt which TW and my Mom made. Of course, it seems nearly impossible to produce a photo with a realistic purple on my digital camera, so you'll have to just guess as to the actual wall color. In process pics are here. (Adding stencilled butterflies to TG's room now moves up the priority list!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work. I wish I liked my kids enough to do something like that. :-)

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Give TW my compliments and tell her she's working way too hard being this close to her due date. :)

TheFishmonger said...

Thanks, guys! And poppgrrl, while it's true that TW has been working ridiculously hard for this late in her pregnancy, very little of her work appears in the photos. The walls were mine. TW and my mom worked on the bedding and window treatments. I just praise allah that we've got our basic childrearing infrastructure ready before the next child arrives!

..................................

..................................