5/25/2006

Vintage Tin Ray Guns


Lost Found Art is a cool site that sells my kind of art - display collections of vintage items. The web site shows collections of old radio microphones, cast iron pulleys and (my favorite) tin ray guns. I tend to generate this sort of collection myself. I collect 5, 10 or 20 of something, and then, I'm done. In the rare cases where I collect more (paperweights, for instance), it's only because I mentally subdivide my collection (six fine art paperweights, signed. 12 frit-message paperweights, 5 of the mysterious girl profile paperweights, and so on). When complete, our rec room will display many such collections. By the time we're old and gray, I expect our entire home to be filled with this sort of display.

No comments:

..................................

..................................