5/21/2006

Bob Rowland has Died


According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Bob Rowland died of a heart attack on Wednesday. Rowland was the owner of Rowland's Calumet Brewery and founder of the annual Wisconsin Microbrewers Beer Festival. The beer fest is today. Although I'm missing the beer fest this year, due to a friend's wedding, and family health issues, our visit to the fest on Day 2 of my bachelor party (courtesy of 2Tall) is an event I'll never forget. AS Russ Klisch (of Lakefront Breery) said, "[Bob] ran probably the best beer fest -- and the second largest -- in the state of Wisconsin." I'd have to agree. So, raise one for Bob today, in honor of one of Wisocnsin's microbrew pioneers.

PS: According to the Journal-Sentinel, Rowland' tombstone will read "I've always enjoyed a good joke, but this isn't funny."

No comments:

..................................

..................................