4/29/2006

Update: Rinse out your skull


So, I finally received my neti pot in the mail the other day. It took a while, but once I mentioned to the company that I still hadn't received the pot, it arrived in the mail two days later... by priority mail. I hope this absentmindeness is not a symptom of neti pot use, because I've tried it and I really like it! It took a minute or so to get the proper angle, but once I did, the salt water was streaming. And yes, it felt a little weird at first. But not weird enough to make me flinch or anything. And my sinuses never felt clearer than they did after I had finished. It's now been 20 minutes since I flushed my sinuses, and they're already closing back in. But today, I'll be working in the yard, breathing in topsoil, grass clippings and the like. And I'll be more than happy to rinse it all out of my skull!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel so cheated. I had my sinuses (which according to my ENT were the second-narrowest he'd ever seen) excavated with some surgical doodad bearing a frightening resemblance to a miniature roto-rooter. Had I but known about this instrument created especially to blast salt water into sinus cavities, I would have saved myself a trip to the out-patient surgery center. Have I mentioned lately how weird you are?

TheFishmonger said...

Weird, indeed. I am merely adopting an ages old cleansing process! All the cool mice are doing it. Don't be left behind!

PS: The Wife thinks I'm weird, too.

..................................

..................................