4/16/2006

Another paperweight!


Found another of the strange paperweights I've been buying. This one says 'Joyful', which makes five different versions, including Happy, Laugh, Patient, and the Coca-Cola one. All of them have the same mottled red or orangey red background, and the same strange portrayal of a woman's head. They all have their flaws too, implying to me that they were cheaply mass produced, probably in the last 30 or 40 years.

Again, if any reader knows 1) the name of the company that made these, 2) when and/or where they were made, 3) which different versions were made, 4) where I can find more, or anything else about these paperweights, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! If you know something, and will leave a comment to let me know how to contact you, I'll be happy to delete it immediately, if you wish, so that spam-bots don't find it. I've just got to learn more about these darn things!

No comments:

..................................

..................................