3/31/2006

The Red Ferret Journal

I've been stopping in at this site for 3 or 4 years now (I think. My sense of time is a bit wishy-washy). More gadgets every day, and linked to the manufacturer in each case, so that you can buy it. A lot of the best stuff ends up on boingboing, but the mid-range weirdness often never makes it off the page. Witness:

The glow-in-the dark toilet seat:
eliminate the need for bathroom nightlights! Save hundreds in lightbulbs!









The dot-matrix watch:
Subtly combines weightlifter style with geek chic!







The Word Lock:
This is actually pretty clever. I guess that's why it's available through Staples. And they've obviously put some thought into which letters are available. I give this one an A+.



And the portable washing machine:
This would be useful in a variety of situations, if it worked. But could it really work? And do they offer a matching dryer?

No comments:

..................................

..................................