2/18/2006

The Master and Margarita


I finally finished reading The Master and Margarita, by Mikhail Bulgakov. I really enjoyed it. Now that I've finished it, I'm convinced I missed about half the point. I was reading it in snatches: 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there. This book really needs longer periods of reading. I need to put it up on my shelf so that I'll remember to grab it again in six months or so. I didn't notice it until I finished, but the book has a commentary and afterword. IF I'd known, I think I'd have followed along in the commentary after each chapter. IT looks like I missed a lot of important things just because I'm not familiar with Faust and russian literature. Oh well, even as just a story, it was a fun read. Next time, I'll read it as literature.

No comments:

..................................

..................................